Bob Kaehler (Coach Kaehler) is a three-time U.S. Olympian, four-time World Champion rower. Raised in Huntington, New York, Kaehler began rowing at the age of sixteen at the Sagamore Rowing Club, NY, and continued through his college years at Rutgers University, and at Columbia where he earned his Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy.
During the course of an athletic career that spanned three decades, Kaehler participated in three Olympic Games (1992, 1996 and 2000) as a member of the U.S. Men’s National Rowing Team. He also competed in seven World Rowing Championships, winning in 1994 as well as an unprecedented three-year run in 1997, 1998 and 1999 in the Men’s Open 8+.
During his ten years on the U.S. national team, Kaehler trained with several of the world’s top rowing coaches including, Igor Grinko, Mike Spracklen and Mike Teti. This exposure to many, and often radically different, training methods and philosophies helped shape Bob’s unique perspective on training to maximize athletic performance.
After nearly two decades as a physical therapist, Coach Kaehler now devotes his efforts to his true passion of health, fitness, and athletic performance. Combining his rowing, physical therapy, and strength and conditioning background, Coach Kaehler has developed a training and conditioning system based on principles of Body Balance. Kaehler’s innovative Body-Balanced approach helps athletes achieve the perfect combination of strength and flexibility, to attain maximum power and efficiency for their chosen activity.
- Coach Kaehler: Squats for rowers - May 22, 2012
- Coach Kaehler: Improving your rowing technique by changing from the ‘inside’ out - April 19, 2012
- Coach Kaehler: Barefoot Running for Rowers - April 3, 2012
- Coach Kaehler: How are you finding more length in your rowing stroke? - March 8, 2012
- Coach Kaehler: Hydration and Training - February 6, 2012
- Coach Kaehler: An erg is an erg! - January 30, 2012
- Coach Kaehler: Loosen Up! - January 11, 2012
- Coach Kaehler: ‘Tis the season to shake it up! - December 12, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Shift Your 'Rest' Paradigm - November 21, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Pace Yourself - November 16, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Are you training on an empty stomach - October 26, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Weight Matters for Endurance Athletes - October 5, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Intensity Consistency - September 19, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Posture and Rowing - August 29, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Pushing Your Comfort Zone - July 7, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Strength & Conditioning Practices in Rowing - May 18, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Ease into the Catch - Part 2 - April 27, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Drink up! Hydration and Training - April 5, 2011
- Coach Kaehler - Don’t Forget your Springs when you’re Training your Engine and Pump - March 9, 2011
- Coach Kaehler - Protein Supplements and Post Training Recovery - February 17, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Ease Into The Catch - January 27, 2011
- Coach Kaehler: Improving your Hamstring Flexibility - December 28, 2010
- Coach Kaehler: Balance your rowing program - November 16, 2010
- Coach Kaehler - Flexibility and Strength Training - September 23, 2010
- Coach Kaehler - Lower-Mid Back Strength Conditioning for Rowing Performance - April 8, 2010