Adrian College is seeking an Assistant Coach for its Men's and Women's Varsity Rowing programs. The candidate must be able to begin working either this spring or this summer.
Adrian is a liberal arts college located in southeast Michigan, about 45 minutes from both Ann Arbor, MI and Toledo, OH.
The rowing programs are in the middle of their inaugural year. The school has supported the programs in an unprecedented way, including the building of a state-of-the-art boathouse this past year and purchasing a brand-new fleet of boats.
The position is a full-time position. It includes a stipend, housing, meal plan, and medical coverage, and is an ideal position for a young coach looking to grow his/her skills in the world of collegiate rowing.
The successful candidate will excel in all of the following areas:
• Recruitment (acting as a recruitment coordinator for the program, traveling extensively for recruiting)
• Practice Execution (assist the Head Coach with running practices and executing practice plans)
• Home Regatta Preparation (laying buoys, creating race schedules, etc.)
• Rules Compliance (adhere to and ensure compliance with rules and regulations of the college, IRA, NCAA Division III)
• Travel logistics (booking hotels, booking buses, driving the truck that tows the boat trailer)
• Equipment management (rigging and minor shell fixes)
Additionally, the candidate will be able to:
• perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or the Athletic Director
• be a self-starter who is able to work independently
• adapt to a changing workday schedule
• have excellent organization and communication skills that allow him/her to work easily with others
• receive and respond to feedback well
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1-3 years of coaching experience *or* extensive rowing background
• Proficiency in basic computer skills
• Must also be able to perform duties within the normal bounds of an office environment as well as sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work outdoors, on a boat and in a variety of weather conditions and must be able to demonstrate a variety of techniques to student athletes
• Must be or become First Aid/CPR and Lifeguard Certified and obtain Michigan Boating Safety certification
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Head Coach Bart Thompson (email@example.com).
Posted by: Bart Thompson (, )
posted February 12, 2019
viewed 508 times