Renton Rowing Center (RRC), located at the Southernmost end of Lake Washington, is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Youth Coach.
Pay Range: $20.00/hr - $25.00/hr, depending on experience.
Hours/Week: Minimum of 10 hours/week, with the potential for up to 15 additional hours depending on candidate's availability and interest in working with other groups of athletes.
Start Date: No later than September 1st, or as soon as available.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about the sport of rowing, has prior coaching or teaching experience, enjoys working with young athletes, and is invested in helping us make our sport more accessible and inclusive for all. This individual will be responsible for providing direction, instruction, and safety supervision to Youth athletes ranging from grades 6 - 12, working primarily with Novice or younger age athletes.
We are looking for the right candidate to strengthen the team culture of our program and provide a strong foundation of the fundamentals of rowing to the next generation of Youth athletes. A positive attitude and ability to communicate clearly and with empathy are essential to this role.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Instructs, demonstrates, and reinforces skill sets and techniques both on and off the water
* Provides constructive feedback and onsite support to athletes during practice and regattas to assist them in reaching their goals
* Implements training plans specific to individual and team goals, in collaboration with other coaches and the Program Director
* Ensures a safe environment for all athletes and adheres to safety policies, including maintaining appropriate certifications and trainings
* Provides on-site support during local and/or regional regattas, including assistance with trailer loading and/or unloading, equipment management, and execution of race day planning
* Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with all athletes and community members
* Serves as an advocate for RRC's programs and its mission to make rowing more accessible and inclusive for all athletes
Applications: Please send a cover letter with your resume to Patty Finney
The George Pocock Rowing Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Posted by: Patty Finney (Seattle, WA - US)
posted July 12, 2022
viewed 131 times