With five of the seven eligible USA crews in the Temple advancing today (only "B" crews did not advance), that event will have a lot of folks following closely; meanwhile, things are getting down to business tomorrow in all events, with the Queen Mother, Remenham, and Grand kicking off, and heaps more great racing. Here are some recommended races, with emphasis on US racing.
see the full timetable for race times; again tomorrow, all races will be broadcast live on the Henley Royal Regatta YouTube channel: <Friday Day 3 Live Stream as well as BTSport.
Prince Albert Challenge Cup
- 8:40am: In the earliest US race of the day, Drexel race Oxford Brookes
- 9:05: Soon after, Yale University lightweights take on a strong crew from Newcastle University, who won this event in 2014.
- 9:35: Grand Valley take on Edinburgh University's A boat
Princess Grace Challenge Cup
- 9:30 am: The GB light women's quad lines against some of the USA’s finest, in the form of Schuylkill Navy High Performance Centre, who beat Saratoga Rowing Association yesterday afternoon.
Princess Elizabeth Challenge Cup
- 10:50am: Jesuit College Preparatory School beat the USA St. Paul's today in a hard-fought race, and next race the strong British Paul’s School; the British crew finished second at the Schools’ Head of the River and fifth at the National Schools’ Regatta, and won this event last year.
Temple Challenge Cup
- 11:50am: Harvard University’s junior varsity eight dispatched with St Petersburg University of Russia today and will face one of Britain’s strongest prospects in the form of the University of London ‘A’.
- 3pm: Oxford Brookes ‘A’, arguably the favourites for the student event (having come second at Holland Beker, and winning the Head of the River outright), race varsity lightweight champions Columbia in one of the best races on tomorrow’s roster.
- 6:30: Cornell A meets the Yale lightweights, who had an easy row after Nottingham hit the booms today, in a race timed to let US fans tune in.
Queen Mother Challenge Cup
- 12:15pm: The premier event for quadruple sculls begins on Friday and California Rowing Club will be racing against Leipzig & Hanauer from Germany.
Thames Challenge Cup
- 11:05: Oslo, which advanced today after a controversial clash with Sydney, races likely event favorites See-Club Luzern
- University Barge Club looked good today; they face Quintin BC on Friday
Remenham Challenge Cup
- 3:40pm: Princeton University, who won elite eights at Henley Women’s Regatta along with the Ivy League championships in the USA, take to the water against Molesey Boat Club.
- 7pm: Princeton Training Centre, a development crew from non-Olympic athletes in the US women’s squad, race a British U23 composite from Oxford and Reading at a time that many US folks can watch just before bolting work for the weekend.
Fawley Challenge Cup
- 6:20pm: After a convincing win in their Thursday heat, national champions Maritime Rowing Club of the USA race against Marlow Rowing Club.