The Renton Rowing Center, located in Renton, WA at the southern end of Lake Washington, is seeking a part time Assistant Youth Coach for the 2023-24 rowing season and beyond. This position can begin as soon as possible, as we are looking to fill out our coaching staff to provide the highest quality of coaching and support to our athletes. This position is 5 days per week, and will require a commitment of about 15 hours per week in the late afternoons and early evenings, not including the occasional weekend regatta or special event.
The primary responsibilities of an Assistant Youth Coach include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safety and security of participants and guests at the Renton Rowing Center.
- Provide high quality teaching in the technical, physiological, and mental aspects of
athletic performance in the sport of rowing.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning experience and environment for rowers and coxswains.
- Advance program growth and ensure athlete retention.
- Develop athletes and coach crews at the direction of the Head Coach.
- Support the Head Coach’s initiatives, creation of team culture and performance.
- Work collaboratively with other coaches and the Executive Director to continue advancing the RRC youth team's progress and the mission of the organization.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience and qualifications:
- Background in rowing
- At least 1-2 years of previous coaching experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A growth mindset and willingness to collaborate and learn
- Experience working with underserved and/or underrepresented groups, particularly youth
- Passion for passing on rowing knowledge to the next generation and working to make our sport a more inclusive and accessible home for all
This position is paid at an hourly rate of $22-$25 per hour, depending on experience. We encourage anyone who is interested and enthusiastic about working with a diverse, rapidly growing rowing club to apply -- we'd love to meet you!
If you are interested and would like to apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Posted by: Rachel Wong (Renton, WA - US)
posted September 5, 2023
viewed 304 times