The Michigan State University Men’s Crew Club is currently accepting applications for the position of head coach. Interested candidates should send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position overview: The head coach is responsible for shaping and facilitating the overall direction of the team by creating training plans, both on and off the water, as well as a racing schedule for both the fall and spring seasons. The head coach is also tasked with the duties of upholding and abiding by the team’s constitution and policies of the team and Michigan State University. The head coach will work closely with the team’s Executive board, assistant coaches, alumni and the surrounding community to provide financial stability for the team, while also coaching the team through competitive rowing seasons and success at the American Collegiate Rowing Association National Championships (ACRAs).
- 2+ years of coaching experience.
- Experience/success with growing or reorganizing teams.
- Healthy support of competition SafeSport or USADA compliant.
- Have a boating license.
- SafeSport Certification, CPR/AED Certification.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Adhere to the Constitution of the MSU Crew.
- Uphold the policies of MSU Crew and Michigan State University.
- Lead recruitment efforts.
- Create and implement a versatile training schedule.
- Foster a competitive practice environment and create a comprehensive racing schedule for varsity and novice athletes.
- Manage the safety of varsity athletes, novice athletes, and assistant coaches.
- Arrange and lead coaching meetings, to establish standard operating procedures among all coaches.
- Provide the Executive Board with recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Assist the Executive Board in creating a budget.
- Assist the Executive Board with organization and facilitation of team fundraisers.
- Purchase necessary supplies, fuel, equipment, and spare parts necessary for operation of the club with the help of the Executive Board.
- Ability and willingness to drive a trailer.
- Work with and sustain a good relationship with the alumni foundation (Red Cedar Rowing Foundation).
- Can clearly articulate their idea of the rowing stroke.
- Healthy communicator to other coaches, athletes, and supporters.
- Consider themself a teacher.
- Leads by example.
- Invested in individuals as well as team results.
- Encourages diversity.
Competitive compensation with alumni funded benefits for August 2020 through June 2021
Posted by: Michigan State University Crew Club (East Lansing, MI - US)
posted July 21, 2020
viewed 171 times