The University of Rhode Island Club Crew Team is conducting a search for a Head Coach, with a start date of Fall 2020. Interested Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: The University of Rhode Island Crew Club is a student-run coed program that practices six days a week. The team is governed by the University of Rhode Island Club Sports Department. The Crew Club is a member of the American Collegiate Rowing Association (ACRA). Founded in 1966, the URI Crew has a long history of producing winning crews at regional and national regattas. The team has proudly produced multiple Olympians and National Team members. Over the last five years, URI Crew has earned multiple medals at both the New England Regional Championships and the American Collegiate Rowing Association Championships.
Position Overview: The Head Coach is responsible for crafting, implementing, and overseeing on and off water training plans as well as a racing schedule for the academic year. The Head Coach is also tasked with ensuring that the conduct of the Club is in accordance with the team’s philosophy, bylaws, and guidelines, in addition to the University’s policies and procedures for the Department of Campus Recreation.
- Attend all practices and Regattas
- Responsible for all Club equipment repairs and maintenance, including all boats, including coaching launches, oars, engines, trailer, ergs, etc.
-Provide coaching both on the water as well as on land with an emphasis on athlete development and safety.
-Assist with the management of club funds
-Assist the team’s executive board on matters relating to recruitment, alumni events, and travel arrangements
-Selecting regattas and submitting racing entries.
- When necessary, identify and select candidates for assistant coaching positions, in coordination with the team’s executive board and the Coordinator of Club Sports
Experience: Previous coaching experience is required, preferably at the collegiate, elite or pre-elite level.
Qualifications and Skills:
-Bachelor's Degree required
- USRowing SafeSport and CPR/First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire;
- USRowing Level 2 Coaching Certification (or willing to obtain)
- Ability to develop rowing technique and conditioning in athletes of varying skill levels and experience
- Basic understanding of human physiology and nutrition
- Knowledge and familiarity with rigging and shell/equipment maintenance
- Ability and willingness to drive a trailer
- Ability to operate a launch (boating license is preferred) and perform basic motor maintenance
-Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High level of professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Willingness and passion for developing young adults into well rounded student-athletes
- Proactive problem solver who is willing to collaborate with the team’s executive board, the club sports coordinator and the alumni organization.
- Energetic and passionate about coaching and the sport of rowing .
Compensation and Housing to be discussed, serious inquires only
Posted by: John Mannion (North Kingston, RI - US)
posted February 29, 2020
viewed 1341 times